RealWorth were appointed by BCEGI to carry out a pilot study into the social value created by community and CSR activities associated with Phase 1 of the Middlewood Locks development in Salford.
RealWorth used its SuROI methodology to calculate the social value created by BCEGI’s Community and CSR activities
The study and subsequent report identified:
- The social value created by BCEGI’s community and CSR events on Phase 1
- How this compared to the targets set at the outset of the scheme
- Recommendations on how BCEGI could enhance its community and CSR activities on future Phases of Middlewood locks to increase the amount of social value created; and
- How this “enhanced approach” could be adopted by other projects and parts BCEGI’s business in the UK.
The information in the final report included:
- A summary of the community and educational events attended
- The amount of time, materials and other inputs from BCEGI and its supply chain
- The impact of the training and construction apprenticeships that were established
RealWorth used its Sustainable Return on Investment (“SuROI”) methodology to calculate in qualitative and quantitative terms the social value created by BCEGI’s Community and CSR activities. It also adopted an LM3 approach to calculate the Local Economic Benefit to Salford and the Greater Manchester sub-region.
Following completion of the Pilot Study, we are now in discussion with BCEGI on how this approach can be used on other BCEGI developments.