Session 1: Introduction – The Importance of People
The first session was held on May 18th 2022 and covered general issues relating to people and social value, such as what to ask and when, how to improve inclusion, tools and methodologies, and taking a long-term view.
The session had four speakers and 54 attendees
- Robyn Hargreaves (RealWorth)
- Jo Harrop (PlacED)
- Charlotte Österman (Social Value UK)
- Mike Saunders (Commonplace)
Recording of session 1 can be accessed here
Content slides from session 1 can be accessed here
Session 2: Asking the Right Questions During Briefing and Design Stages
Session 2 was held on Wednesday 20th July from 12:00 – 13:00 BST (UTC +1).
The session covered topics such as the importance of existing context and background, collaborating with existing local groups, common pitfalls, and how to avoid said pitfalls.
The session had 30 attendees, and was led by 3 speakers:
Recording of session 2 can be accessed here
Content slides from session 2 can be accessed here
Session 3: Asking the Right Questions During the Occupation and Use Stage
The final session in this 3-part series will be conducted on Wednesday 5th October 2022 at 12:00 – 13:00 BST (UTC +1).
The session will cover:
- Setting targets with people in mind
- Calculating social impact using people’s experiences
- Stories, anecdotes and other information from “real people”
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Using stakeholder feedback effectively